Teacher Training, University 2nd Year (Level 5)
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for those who are practising within the sector, or who have a significant amount of knowledge and understanding and who now wish to consolidate that experience with a formal qualification. The course is a 120 credit qualification, accredited by the Ofqual awarding organisation, Learning Resource Network.
The course is taught in two parts:
- Part A, includes 5 modules studied online by distance learning and assessed by 5 written assignments. ( 3000 – 4000 words each)
- Part B, requires students to obtain a suitable placement to complete their practical classroom training. A placement can be in a school, college or community group. There must be a mentor at the placement who is able to support and verify the students work.
The course prepares students to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice, on successful completion of this course students will be able to plan and develop schemes of work, develop teaching and learning strategies and effectively teach in public/private schools, colleges and universities in many countries all over the world.
The fee for enrolling onto the level 5 course is AUS $3000 online.
For on campus dates and prices contact email@example.com
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in schools (State/Academies) further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
1. Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
2. Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
3. Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
4. Wider Professional Practice
5. Understanding and Managing Behaviour in a Learning EnvironmentPart A is assessed by way of assignments.
6. Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
7. Evaluating Learning Programmes
8. Managing Learning and Development in Groups
9. Inclusive Practice
Part B is assessed by classroom observations, Portfolio, Video Evidence and classroom Feedback reviews.
All Course Material, including online modules and written assignments.
Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
Dedicated student support
Access to an online Social Learning forum
Assignment marking and feedback
Free CV Writing help on completion of the course.
This level 5 qualification will enable students to teach in the post 16 tertiary education sector of colleges and community schools. The route to teaching in the state school sector using this level 5 qualification is through membership of the Society of Education & Training (SET).
To be eligible for SET membership students are required to have completed their Initial Teacher Training (ITT). ITT involves successful completion of a Level 5 Teacher Training Course, assuming candidates have already completed a Level 2 (GCSE) Maths and English or equivalent. Completion of the courses provides students with their Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) which is equivalent to the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and sufficient to teach in state schools, as well as Further Education.
Students may wish to contact SET direct for further clarification of their requirements.